Nagambie Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Nagambie?
Are you looking for an exciting travel destination in Victoria, Australia? Look no further than Nagambie, a charming town nestled along the banks of the Goulburn River. Here are some top tourist attractions to check out during your visit:
1. Nagambie Lakes: One of the biggest attractions of Nagambie is its vast network of lakes that provide ample opportunities for water-based activities like fishing, boating, and kayaking. The lakes are also surrounded by scenic walking paths and picnic spots, making it a great spot for families.
2. Mitchelton Winery: If you're a wine enthusiast, don't miss the chance to visit Mitchelton Winery, which boasts over 40 years of winemaking heritage. Take a tour of the vineyards and cellar door, and enjoy a tasting of their award-winning wines. The winery also features a stylish restaurant overlooking the river that serves delicious food and wine pairings.
3. Tahbilk Winery: Another must-visit for wine lovers is the historic Tahbilk Winery, which dates back to the 1860s. Take a guided tour of the winery and cellar door, learn about its intriguing history, and sample some of their signature wines. You can also enjoy a meal at their on-site cafe or picnic in the tranquil surrounds.
4. Black Caviar statue: Sports fans will want to take a photo with the bronze statue of Australia's famous racehorse Black Caviar, located in the heart of Nagambie. The larger-than-life statue is a tribute to the unbeatable mare, who won all 25 of her races.
5. Goulburn River High Country Rail Trail: Explore the picturesque landscape of Nagambie and its surrounds on the Goulburn River High Country Rail Trail, a scenic trail that winds through the region's rolling hills and countryside. The trail is popular with cyclists and walkers and features various sights and historical landmarks.
6. Nagambie Farmers' Market: Take a stroll through the Nagambie Farmers' Market, held on the fourth Sunday of every month. You'll find a variety of fresh produce, artisanal foods, and handmade crafts from local growers and makers.
7. Nagambie Greyhound Racing Club: Head to the Nagambie Greyhound Racing Club on a race day to experience the thrill of live greyhound racing. The club features state-of-the-art facilities, and you can grab a meal or a drink while you watch the races.
8. Lake Nagambie Park: Bring your family to Lake Nagambie Park, a beautiful recreational space that offers a wide range of activities for all ages. You can enjoy a barbeque in one of the picnic areas, play on the playground or hire a boat to explore the lake.
9. Kirwan's Bridge: Take a drive to Kirwan's Bridge, a historic site that dates back to the 1800s and was once an important river crossing point. The bridge has now been restored and is a popular spot for picnics and fishing.
10. Nagambie On Water Festival: If you're visiting Nagambie in March, make sure to attend the Nagambie On Water Festival. This annual event features boat races, live music, street performers, food stalls, and fireworks. It's a fun-filled weekend for the whole family.
For more information about these and other tourist attractions in Nagambie, visit the Nagambie Visitor Information Centre or call them at (03) 5794 1471. Enjoy your visit to this charming Victorian town!
Nagambie Tourism Articles